Monday 3 October 2011

Grinding out a king and pawns endgame

I was playing white in this games and I was happy with the way I played I have included annotations with this game.


IMPORTANT POINTS
Lately like a lot of us who try to improve our chess I have started to try and understand one of silmans ideas where he said when you 're looking for tactics look for double attacks
I think all tactics are essentially double attacks of one kind or another and I think I did this when I move my queen down his side of the board on move 26 and with the following move by bringing my rook down also ...perhaps I should correct myself move a double threat then a double attack but the principle still applies I think...if you make two threats at once often times only one will be able to be defended adequately

No comments: